Five Rivers Arts Alliance is named for the five rivers that encompass our region in Midcoast Maine: the Androscoggin, Kennebec, Sheepscot, Cathance, and New Meadows. Our region is 200 square miles with twelve communities; 60,000 people live here.
Our communities are intimately connected to these waterways and to the coast. Rivers have provided a means of transportation, food, livelihood, waterpower, and access to the wider world. Our community stories illustrate our relationship to the land and the water.
The Five Rivers region is ten minutes north of Freeport, Maine, half an hour north of Portland, Maine and two and a half hours north of Boston. We are half an hour south of Augusta, an hour and a half south of Bangor. We are two and a half hours southwest of Ellsworth, one hour southwest of Rockland.
Find out more about our communities:
- Southern Midcoast Chamber of Commerce: www.midcoastmaine.com
- Arrowsic: www.arrowsic.org
- Bath: www.cityofbath.com
- Main Street Bath: www.visitbath.com
- Bowdoin: www.bowdoinme.com
- Bowdoinham: www.bowdoinham.com
- Brunswick: www.brunswickme.org
- Brunswick Downtown Association: www.brunswickdowntown.com
- Harpswell: www.harpswell.maine.gov, Harpswell Driving Tour
- Georgetown: www.georgetown.u47.k12.me.us
- Phippsburg: www.phippsburg.com
- Topsham: www.topshammaine.com
- West Bath: westbath.govoffice.com
- Woolwich: www.woolwichme.com